Monday 31 October 2011

There and back again...A Lambert's tale

28th November... A new post.

My apologies for my absence. With so much going on at the moment I have let brain dump slip...always a messy thing and now am trying to redeem the month or so, if not more of time I have missed out on.

I have now been home for 3 weeks and how nice it has been. I have kept myself busy by moving around to see  some mates and going to visit Hannah. I went to watch Death Cab in Birmingham and have been learning to cook. I find the time out of work has allowed me to relax but am beginning to get itchy feet once more.

To recap my last few weeks in Mali were great. I completed all of my objectives with work and produced a report summarising the work completed. I completed an introduction to split bolt testing (making sure the bolts used to support the mine do the job) and learned how to scale (knocking all of the loose rocks from the walls and back of the drives to make safe the ground for further work...listen to that, somebody may think I know what I'm talking about!). I have also had the opportunity to witness a blast.

I made some very good friends during my time there and am planning on applying for a second contract with the company in the new year to continue the work and catch up with them.

For now I am enjoying my time focusing on other subjects than gold mining and geology. I am to keep brain dump going with any experiences that I think you may find interesting from now on...Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment